It can be very nerve-wracking when your senior loved one is admitted to a hospital or healthcare facility. And likely, the last thing you’ll be thinking about is what happens when the doctor discharges your loved one.
Returning Home Transitional Care Planning
Thinking about the returning home process right from the start is one of the best things you can do for your senior loved one. Discharge is a key point in the recovery process. Planning ahead and preparing for a safe return home can mean the difference between readmission and a full recovery. Many issues factor into why older adults are vulnerable to problems at home after they have been in a medical, hospice or rehabilitation setting. A Home Instead Senior Care CAREGiver can assist your loved one when they return home and reduce the chances of a hospital readmission. Call our office today to learn more about our Returning Home transitional care services: (469) 238-0566
Returning Home Transitional Care Services include:
- Discharge coordination and execution – working with a senior patient’s hospital staff to help create a plan of care.
- Medication management – assistance organizing and tracking medications to make sure they’re taken as directed.
- Follow-up physician visit assistance – helping seniors keep track of and attend all necessary follow-up medical appointments.
- Nutrition management –providing assistance with food shopping and meal preparation to help ensure the senior maintains a healthy diet.
- Warning sign monitoring and notification – watching for warning signs and taking appropriate action.
- Record keeping – keeping track of the senior’s recovery progress to share with his or her physicians.
Types of Transitional Care We Offer:
- Companionship Care
- Personal Care
- Meals & Nutrition
- Household Duties
- Respite Care
- Hospice Care Support Services
- 24 Hour Care